Procedures for voting by absentee ballot (in person):
Qualified voters (see below) may vote absentee in person or by mail.
Visit the county voter registration office in your county of residence, complete an application, and cast your ballot. You may vote absentee in person up until 5:00 p.m. on the day before the election. Rules for photo ID required to vote at the polling place apply.
Persons qualified to vote by absentee ballot:
- Persons sixty-five years of age or older
- Persons who for reasons of employment will not be able to vote on election day
- Members of the Armed Forces or Merchant Marine serving outside their county of residence and their spouses and dependents residing with them (click here for additional information)
- Persons serving with the American Red Cross or with the United Service Organizations (USO) who are attached to and serving with the Armed Forces outside their county of residence and their spouses and dependents residing with them
- Overseas Citizens (click here for additional information)
- Persons who are physically disabled
- Students attending school outside their county of residence and their spouses and dependents residing with them
- Government employees serving outside their county of residence on Election Day and their spouses and dependents residing with them
- Persons who plan to be on vacation outside their county of residence on Election Day
- Persons serving as a juror in state or federal court on Election Day
- Persons admitted to the hospital as emergency patients on Election Day or within a four-day period before the election
- Persons with a death or funeral in the family within three days before the election
- Persons confined to a jail or pre-trial facility pending disposition of arrest or trial
- Persons attending sick or physically disabled persons
- Certified poll watchers, poll managers, and county election officials working on Election Day
- Persons who for religious reasons do not want to vote on a Saturday (Presidential Primaries Only)
Check the Status of Your Absentee Ballot
Absentee Voting Procedures for Military and Overseas Citizens. Click here to visit the Military and Overseas Citizens page.