We are on the lookout for student leaders in grades 8-12 during the 2017-2018 school year who are interested in sharing their stories in all kinds of media – from print, radio and TV, to Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and more.
As a student ambassador, you’ll have access to exclusive online training and workshops on telling your story, political advocacy, blogging, write op-eds for newspapers, creating web video, and more. You and your work will be featured on SC Equality’s website, blog, YouTube channel, and social media profiles. We will also work with you to share your story with a wider audience.
Select Student Ambassadors will also be invited to attend our Safe Schools Summit in 2018, you’ll learn about SC Equality’s safe schools work as you participate in workshops and gain valuable spokesperson experience through media coaching, blogging and sharing your story.
- Join SC equality’s Online Action Network, allowing you to receive (and share) important alerts and updates from SC Equality.
- Find ways to creatively take SC Equality’s latest pro-Equality campaigns from our current online and organizing channels to your own campus.
- Help recruit student participants for SC Equality’s annual Safe Schools Summit.
- Join SCE’s social media “street teams,” tasked with sharing the latest SC Equality information and issues where you already are.
- Participate in occasional Twitter discussions designed to discuss relevant issues and brainstorm the best methods to reach out to student groups, campus communities, and youth demographics about LGBT issues and events happening in South Carolina and beyond.
For more information, contact SC Equality’s Director of Operations Jennifer Tague at firstname.lastname@example.org.